How do I become Doctor / Dentist in India?
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) conducted by CBSE for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges approved by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare , Government of India . NEET (UG) doss not covers MBBS/BDS admissions in AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry. Mere appearing in NEET (UG) does not confer right to admission in MBBS/BDS, The Selection and admission to MMS/BDS seats in any Medical Institution is subject to admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as prescribed by, Government of India, state , Universities and Medical/Dental college . All the states in India also conducts PRE MEDICAL TEST (PMT) for admission in state run Medical colleges
What is the eligibility to appear in NEET ( UG) ?
The minimum age criteria is 17 years at the time of admission on or before 31st December of respective year during the admission in 1st year of MBBS/BDS
The maximum age limit is 25 years on the date of examination and relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
How many times I can appear for NEET (UG) exam ?
Only 3 attempts are allowed
What is the pattern of NEET (UG) entrance Test ?
The prescribed duration is 3 hours consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions ( 4 options with 1 correct answer) from PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball point pen provided by CBSE examination center.
What is the language of Question paper of NEET (UG) exam?
Hindi, English , Gujrati, Marathi , Oriya , Bengali , Assames , Telegu, Tamil, Kannada English and Hindi papers are available at all examination centers across India whereas other language paper are available at respective states.
What is the Core Syllabus of NEET (UG) ?
- CLASS XI - PHYSICS
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws and Motions
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matters
- Behavior of perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillation and Waves
CLASS XII - PHYSICS
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual Nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
XI – CHEMISTRY
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atoms
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- States of Matters : gases and liquid
- Redox reaction
- S block elements
- P block elements
- Environmental chemistry
XII – CHEMISTRY
- Solid states
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General principals and process of isolation of elements
- P,d,f block elements
- Coordination compound
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohol , phenol and ether
- Aldehydes , Kenton , and carbolic acid
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
XI – BIOLOGY
- Diversity in living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structures and functions
- Plants physiology
- Human physiology
XII – BIOLOGY
- Genetics and evolutions
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and environment
What is NEET (PG) ?
NEET (PG) is single entrance ranking cum eligibility test for Post Graduate Medical courses like MS/MD/PG diplomas as per Indian Medical council act 1956; no other entrance test by state or institution is valid in India.
Which Institutions in India are not covered under NEET (PG)?
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
Medical Exam FAQ
- What is the eligibility to appear in NEET ( UG)?
- How many times I can appear for NEET (UG) exam?
- What is the pattern of NEET (UG) entrance Test?
- What is the language of Question paper of NEET (UG) exam?
- What is the Core Syllabus of NEET (UG)?
- What is NEET (PG) ?
- Which Institutions in India are not covered under NEET (PG)?
Reforms by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and its Possible Impact24th Jun 2017
As Published on PIB and Press Released issued on the steps taken by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare with possible ...Read More
ISRO Launches PSLV-C38 with 31 Satellites Onboard23rd Jun 2017
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on Friday effectively propelled its workhorse rocket PSLV-C38 from Sriharikota conveying the Cartosat-2 arrangement ...Read More
Ministry of Tourism releases Compendium on guidelines for Ayush facilities22nd Jun 2017
The National Medical & Wellness Tourism Board under the chairmanship of Minister for Tourism Dr. Mahesh Sharma has been repeatedly stressing ...Read More