How do I become Doctor / Dentist in India?
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) conducted by CBSE for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges approved by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare , Government of India . NEET (UG) doss not covers MBBS/BDS admissions in AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry. Mere appearing in NEET (UG) does not confer right to admission in MBBS/BDS, The Selection and admission to MMS/BDS seats in any Medical Institution is subject to admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as prescribed by, Government of India, state , Universities and Medical/Dental college . All the states in India also conducts PRE MEDICAL TEST (PMT) for admission in state run Medical colleges
What is the eligibility to appear in NEET ( UG) ?
The minimum age criteria is 17 years at the time of admission on or before 31st December of respective year during the admission in 1st year of MBBS/BDS
The maximum age limit is 25 years on the date of examination and relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
How many times I can appear for NEET (UG) exam ?
Only 3 attempts are allowed
What is the pattern of NEET (UG) entrance Test ?
The prescribed duration is 3 hours consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions ( 4 options with 1 correct answer) from PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball point pen provided by CBSE examination center.
What is the language of Question paper of NEET (UG) exam?
Hindi, English , Gujrati, Marathi , Oriya , Bengali , Assames , Telegu, Tamil, Kannada English and Hindi papers are available at all examination centers across India whereas other language paper are available at respective states.
What is the Core Syllabus of NEET (UG) ?
- CLASS XI - PHYSICS
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws and Motions
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matters
- Behavior of perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillation and Waves
CLASS XII - PHYSICS
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual Nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
XI – CHEMISTRY
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atoms
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- States of Matters : gases and liquid
- Redox reaction
- S block elements
- P block elements
- Environmental chemistry
XII – CHEMISTRY
- Solid states
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General principals and process of isolation of elements
- P,d,f block elements
- Coordination compound
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohol , phenol and ether
- Aldehydes , Kenton , and carbolic acid
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
XI – BIOLOGY
- Diversity in living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structures and functions
- Plants physiology
- Human physiology
XII – BIOLOGY
- Genetics and evolutions
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and environment
What is NEET (PG) ?
NEET (PG) is single entrance ranking cum eligibility test for Post Graduate Medical courses like MS/MD/PG diplomas as per Indian Medical council act 1956; no other entrance test by state or institution is valid in India.
Which Institutions in India are not covered under NEET (PG)?
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
Medical Exam FAQ
- What is the eligibility to appear in NEET ( UG)?
- How many times I can appear for NEET (UG) exam?
- What is the pattern of NEET (UG) entrance Test?
- What is the language of Question paper of NEET (UG) exam?
- What is the Core Syllabus of NEET (UG)?
- What is NEET (PG) ?
- Which Institutions in India are not covered under NEET (PG)?
Arun Jaitley to attend National Conference on Insolvency and Bankruptcy18th Aug 2017
The Union Minister of Finance, Derfence and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley, will be the Chief Guest at the National ...Read More
Cabinet approves new Metro Rail Policy17th Aug 2017
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today approved a new Metro Rail Policy that seeks to ...Read More
PM addresses nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort on 71st Independence Day16th Aug 2017
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today addressed the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the 71st ...Read More